How to take advantage of RTWNJ in 2017 – Part Six
- You’ve attended a 2 Day Job Readiness workshop but didn’t update your resume. It seems like an obvious fix but many haven’t completed the task. Yes, it does take some time. Yes, it needs to be customized for virtually every job you apply. Yes, what you previously had didn’t work. Why then haven’t you made the changes?
- Can you say LinkedIn? What improvements have you made to your profile? None? Time to start!
- When is the last time you’ve attended a networking event? A year ago, when you did it for work? It’s time to get out there and speak to people! Alex Freund, The Landing Expert, has an exhaustive list of area networking opportunities. Check out his website.
Click HERE to view our listings. Please note that you will have to zoom in on the document to read the position information. Please note we keep job listings for 1 month.
You can take some small comfort in the knowledge that you’re not alone in your struggle to find a job. Although the number of unemployed Americans has fallen over the past two years, there are still about 7 million people out of work and looking for employment, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. A quarter of them have been unemployed for six months or more. Once you add in people who have given up looking for work or who have part-time jobs but would like to work full-time, the number of unemployed and underemployed people in the U.S. doubles. Read More.
Step 1 in the Ready To Work NJ Program – Job Readiness Workshops!
Improve your chances of getting a new job and complete the first step after registering (and being accepted) by taking advantage of the Ready To Work NJ 2 Day Workshop! These 2 day workshops help with resume & cover letter writing, interviewing techniques, networking & social media tips.
Upcoming workshops are scheduled at:
- County College of Morris – July 13 & 20 – Contact Jaci Teune
- Essex CC – July 18 & 20 – Contact Monica Rock
- Bergen CC – Aug. 3 & 4 – Contact Monica Rock
Candidates may also receive a phone call from the participating Colleges. Note: if email link doesn’t work, please use the first initial last name @ njworkforce.org to send an email.