Weekly Job Byte

How To Research Salaries When Job Hunting

If you’re looking for a job, you might want to research salaries before heading into an interview.

True, employers are pretty determined to pay the lowest salary they can get away with, and — given the large pool of unemployed job-hunters out there  — they can get away with a lot. Still, that’s only true sometimes.

If you have talents or experience that is much in demand, then the power equation shifts. In that case, you need to know what the going rates are for the work you are skilled at doing. That way, if the employer lowballs you, you will know it. Read More.


​Uncover the Hidden Job Market
Hunting for a job at any age is not easy. After age 50 this task can be more difficult as you may not have looked at the job market for a long time. The best secret in your after 50 job search is to study and learn the value to uncover the hidden job market.

It’s been estimated that only about 20% of the job openings are actually advertised. So if you use your creativity in finding a new job after 50 you will usually find great job leads in the other 80%. Read More.


​HOT JOBS!

​In order to apply, you will need to complete the form and upload your cover letter & resume. If you have any questions, the program coordinator’s email is listed in the form. In order to be eligible for these positions, you must be qualified & enrolled in the Ready to Work NJ Program.Click HERE to view our listings. Please note that you will have to zoom in on the document to read the position information. Please note we keep job listings for 1 month. ​


Upcoming Job Fairs

May 16 from 8 am – 3 pm -Morris County Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Career Fair. Click here for details.

May 16 from 5 pm – 9 pm – United Way of Northern New Jersey Job Resource Fair! Click here for details.

Various – Workforce Directory Calendar – Click here.

Various – Job Fairs NJ – Click here.

If you know of a job fair and would like it listed, please reach us at: info@njworkforce.org

​2 Day Job Readiness Workshops Filling Up FAST!

​​Improve your chances of getting a new job by taking advantage of the Ready To Work NJ 2 Day Workshop! These 2 day workshops help with resume & cover letter writing, interviewing techniques, networking & social media tips.

Upcoming workshops are scheduled at:​​​​​​​

Candidates may also receive a phone call from the participating Colleges. Note: if email link doesn’t work, please use the first initial last name @ njworkforce.org to send an email.

%d bloggers like this: