How to take advantage of RTWNJ in 2017 – Part Six
By all appearances you’ve taken advantage of everything the Ready To Work NJ program has to offer but your still not back to work. What the heck is going on??? In this, the final part of how to take advantage of the RTWNJ program, we’re going to highlight some of the things we’ve seen that are contributing to a lack of employment.
- You’ve attended a 2 Day Job Readiness workshop but didn’t update your resume. It seems like an obvious fix but many haven’t completed the task. Yes, it does take some time. Yes, it needs to be customized for virtually every job you apply. Yes, what you previously had didn’t work. Why then haven’t you made the changes?
- Can you say LinkedIn? What improvements have you made to your profile? None? Time to start!
- When is the last time you’ve attended a networking event? A year ago, when you did it for work? It’s time to get out there and speak to people! Alex Freund, The Landing Expert, has an exhaustive list of area networking opportunities. Check out his website.
We cannot blame them for worrying. Of course they worry, and they are likely to keep worrying until they find a new position! Read More.
Zippia, the career expert website that provides job counseling, has published New Jersey’s Fastest Growing Jobs for 2017, analyzing Department of Labor and Bureau of Labor Statistics data for jobs in New Jersey with more than 1,000 workers (see list below). Read More.
Headline vs. Title
This is one of the most underused tricks on LinkedIn. Most people confuse the two, not using the title feature at all and placing their title where the headline belongs. Make this small change and immediately improve your profile. Read More
2 Day Job Readiness Workshops Filling Up FAST!
Improve your chances of getting a new job by taking advantage of the Ready To Work NJ 2 Day Workshop! These 2 day workshops help with resume & cover letter writing, interviewing techniques, networking & social media tips.
Upcoming workshops are scheduled at:
- Camden CC – Feb. 15 & 16 – Contact Dan Lim
- Raritan Valley CC – Feb. 21 & 28 – Contact Jaci Teune
- Union CC – Feb. 21 & 22 – Contact John Radvany
- Warren CC – Feb. 21 & 22 – Contact Jaci Teune
- Gloucester CC – Feb. 27 & 28 – Contact Dan Lim
Candidates may also receive a phone call from the participating Colleges. Note: if email link doesn’t work, please use the first initial last name @ njworkforce.org to send an email.