- Data Scientist salaries are predicted to range from $116,000 to $163,500 in 2017, increasing 6.4% over 2016 salary levels.
- Big Data Engineer salaries are predicted to range from $135,000 to $196,000 in 2017, increasing 5.8% over 2016 salary levels.
- Network Security Engineer salaries are predicted to range from $115,000 to $162,000 in 2017, increasing 5.7% over 2016 salary levels.
- Security, Web Development and Software Development will see the highest salary growth in 2017.
These and many other interesting insights are from the 2017 Technology & IT Salary Guidepublished by Robert Half recently. You can download a copy here (36 pp., PDF, free, opt-in) and also view selected infographics, regional trends and use the salary calculator. Read More.
Revealing your salary can be uncomfortable, no matter the setting. And if a prospective employer asks you, it could cost you future earnings; luckily some of them are no longer allowed to ask.
Based on new legislation in places including Massachusetts and New York City, that awkward part of salary negotiation could become a thing of the past. Read More.
A script can be a useful tool as you develop your strategy for an upcoming conversation at work or on your job search.
My boss Jon used to say “You have to plan out every negotiation, imagining how the discussion might go and deciding in advance how you will navigate if you hear something unexpected. You have to be ready!”
Here is a script illustrating Caroline’s job offer negotiation. Caroline was excited to receive an offer letter via FedEx from Marshall, her prospective new manager, but the salary offer is a bit low. Read More.
2 Day Job Readiness Workshops Filling Up FAST -Limited to the first 25 participants!!!
Improve your chances of getting a new job by taking advantage of the Ready To Work NJ 2 Day Workshop! Upcoming workshops are scheduled at:
- Gloucester CC – Dec. 19 & 20 – Contact Dan Lim
- Essex CC – Jan. 4 & 6 – Contact Monica Rock
- Brookdale CC – Jan. 6 & 7 – Contact John Radvany
- Gloucester CC – Jan. 9 & 10 – Contact Dan Lim
- Bergen CC – Jan. 12 & 13 – Contact Monica Rock
- County College of Morris – Jan. 12 & 19 – Contact Jaci Teune
Candidates may also receive a phone call from the participating Colleges. Note: if email link doesn’t work, please use the first initial last name @ njworkforce.org to send an email.